It has been almost two years since we commented on LegiStorm. Since our last (brief) mention, the service has expanded its offerings and added a (modestly priced) professional access option. Some of the more in demand documents offered on LegiStorm:
- House and Senate salary data from October 2000-March 2011
- Individual and sponsored group Congressional trips
- Foreign gifts reported by Members of Congress
- Personal Financial Disclosure Statements
- Searchable file of Congressional office expenses
- Member earmarks
While most of the data on the LegiStorm sight is free to search, manipulate and access, some (e.g., the searchable Congressional office expense dataset) is available only with a professional subscription.
The site's blog is also worth a look as are the many studies that site managers produce using their datasets.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15744425-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);