The Bay Area News Group, which first launched its public employee salaries database last year, has updated the site with data for 2010. In addition to the information provided in 2008 and 2009, the new figures detail:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employer contribution to pensions
- Employee contributions to pensions paid by employer
- Employer contributions to deferred compensation (i.e. 401k)
- Non-cash costs of employment
This information was made public record following a 2007 California Supreme Court ruling, and was provided to the Bay Area News Group by the individual agencies. Similar data is also available from the California State Controller. To see how this information can been used, read this Contra Costa Times article.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-15744425-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);